You’re dreaming to feel Python leather on your keyboard?
You already know its legendary softness and now want to feel the gentle power of its grasp?
Pythonista in the egg, moulting or already moving :
the Winter 2012 series of Python workshops has arrived!
This semester, Montréal-Python is offering one workshop a month :
- January : Introduction Workshop to Python
- February : Python Workshop : more advanced notions and use of Twitter API
- March : Django Workshop : building a Python web app
- April : Advanced Workshop : integration of libraries and a guest star!
The content of these workshops has been forged collaboratively by professional trainers, practionners and academics from the community. Animated by our champions, they are offered in French at UQAM and English at McGill. They’re open to all : only minimal knowledge of programming is required (e.g.: to know what a variable is). You also need to bring a laptop to follow the exercises.
These workshops are independent : to attend one, no need to attend the formers. But to progress on the Pythonic Way, to follow them all is better than following one. When to start? “Now is better than never.” — Zen of Python
INTRODUCTION WORKSHOP TO PYTHON
- language : English
- when : Wednesday, January 25th, 6:00 PM
- where : McGill, Arts building, room 260
- trainer : Mathieu Perreault
The programme :
- Running Python
- Variables and Arithmetic Expressions
- File Input and Output
- Iteration and Looping
- Objects and Classes
The room of this workshop is sponsored by : the Network Dynamics lab.
To follow this workshop in French, read the French version of this post in order to know the exact place and date:
Lire cette annonce en français