update: the event is delayed by one week. The new date is 2010-07-26.
Montréal-Python 15 will take place in room SH-3420 of UQAM on 2010-07-26. This is in the Sherbrooke building. It will be a scaling and deployment themed edition.
Here is our schedule for the evening:
- 18h00: Opening
- 18h20: Announcements
- 18h30: Flash presentations
- 19h00: Break
- 19h20: Main presentations
- 20h30: Discussions and refreshments at Benelux
Our flash presenters are going to be:
- Pierre Thibault on ipython
- Dimitry Zolotaryov on dealing with remote API calls
- Derek Mounce on A way-too-short introduction to a new Web framework for Python
- Simon Law on Startup Mistakes in Cloud Deployment
- Wesley Bouarab on skeedy.com
Our main presenter is going to be Stéphane Jolicoeur and he's going to talk about the architecture of NFB.ca, a platform with open and pythonic roots.
He is going to describe what he and his team at the National Film Board of Canada had to do in order to accommodate the massive increase in traffic that they received after deploying their new Django-powered website.
Technical Lead at the Web department of the National Film Board of Canada, Stéphane Jolicoeur is the architect and the lead implementer of the NFB.ca website.
Montréal-Python 15 is our last meeting of the summer; after a well-deserved break, we'll be back in September.
Thanks to our sponsors for making Montréal-Python 15 possible: