Next year, PyCon will be in Montréal
Montréal and its many Pythonistas are looking forward to seeing you up North! You will need to come prepared though: for those of you who are not Canadian, this probably means getting your hands on a pair of snowshoes, a plaid flannel shirt, skis, and a passport.
If you are an American citizen, you can apply directly online: http://travel.state.gov/passport/. Otherwise, you probably already have your passport since you made it to Santa Clara PyCon 2013: congrats!
Should you have any questions about traveling to Montréal, please visit the Tourism Montréal booth in the PyCon Expo Hall (booth #196), or talk to one of those lumberjacks wearing Montréal-Python shirts. There will also be printed copies of the USA passport application forms at the Tourism Montréal booth.
You must apply in person if
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport
- You are under the age of 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under the age of 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
How long should it take
|ROUTINE SERVICE||Approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application|
|EXPEDITED SERVICE||About 2-3 weeks door-to-door, when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways|
From the United States, tel.: 1-877-487-2778, TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., EST, excluding federal holidays
E-mail is NPIC@state.gov (Most inquiries are answered within 24 hours)
Application for a U.S. Passport