Montréal-Python 11 will take place at UQAM, on Monday 2010-01-25 in room SH-3340 of the Sherbrooke building. The SH building is located at 200 Sherbrooke west, Place-des-Arts metro station.
Here is our schedule for the evening:
- 18h00: Opening
- 18h20: Announcements
- 18h30: Flash presentations
- 19h00: Break
- 19h20: Main presentation
- 20h30: Discussions and refreshments at Benelux
- David Goodger: BIG & BOLD Slides With reST & S5
- Hadrien David: Deploiement sur AppEngine
- Mathieu Leduc-Hamel: Sprints de programmation et de traduction
- Mathieu Viau: ConFoo Jobfair
- Jean Schurger: Emacs pour les Pythoneux
- Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre: Packaging de projets Python pour Debian et Ubuntu
In this session, we're going to go through the main components of Pylons, with live demos of each piece of the stack: templating engines, persistence models, controllers, WSGI bricks, and some deployment scenarios. We'll also have some little comparisons between frameworks; how Pylons relates to other frameworks and languages.
Alexandre is a passionate Python specialist who teaches the language as a main trainer at Savoir-Faire Linux. He is also the creator and main developer of SFLVault, an open source authentication information management software project, and contributes to other packages such as FormAlchemy. Alexandre is also Consultant and Development Director at Savoir-Faire Linux, where he integrates different web technologies around open source.
We want to thank our sponsors for making Montréal-Python 11 possible:
- Savoir-faire Linux
- No Starch Press