Montréal-Python 12 will take place at UQAM, on Monday 2010-03-22 in room SH-3420 of the Sherbrooke building. The SH building is located at 200 Sherbrooke west, Place-des-Arts metro station.
Here is our schedule for the evening:
- 18h00: Opening
- 18h20: Announcements
- 18h30: Flash presentations
- 19h00: Break
- 19h20: Main presentation
- 20h30: Discussions and refreshments at Benelux
Flash presenters will be:
- Antoine Reversat -- Python for Sysadmins
- Francis Piéraut -- Jython and Tomcat
- Sébastien Pierre -- Rugg: crash-testing for your hard drives
- Hadrien David -- Déploiement sur AppEngine
- Gary Haran -- Montreal, from Ghetto to Hub
Our main presenter is going to be Marcin Swiatek and he's going to talk about Generating control images for microscopy software with Python and Numpy.
Numpy is the mainstay of all things numerical in Python. I will use one of my past projects – a pipeline for testing image analysis software – to introduce Numpy. The presentation will focus on basic array manipulation, random number generators, and elementwise operations. Real math will be given silent treatment. PIL, or Python Imaging Library will appear in a supporting role.
Marcin has been working on development of life sciences software for the past 12 years. He has been a Python user since the version 1.5.2.We still have a few spots for flash presentations so don't hesitate to contact us if you have something that you would like to present.
We want to thank our sponsors for making Montréal-Python 12 possible: