Join us on the 22th of October for Montréal-Python 32, Prehistoric Panorama, our second event for the 2012-2013 season. Our champions will give you an exclusive preview of the talks they will present at the first ever PyCon Canada in November.
The show starts at 6pm at Studio XX, a bilingual feminist artist-run centre for technological exploration, creation and critique. Studio XX’s mandate focuses on enabling the creative actions and perspectives of women at the forefront of contemporary technological landscapes and the development of a digital democracy that values autonomy and collaboration.
Our main speaker:
Alexandre Bourget will present a talk entitled "Gevent-socketio, cross-framework real-time web live demo". gevent-socketio is a cross-framework Python implementation of the Socket.IO protocol, based on gevent's cooperative concurrency model. Alexandre is the maintainer of the project. In this talk, we're going to have a live demo of its capabilities by building Google Analytics in 45 minutes.
- Guillaume Pratte, "Génération de courriels avec Genshi"
- Rory Geoghegan, "Module of the Month"
- Jean-Tiare Le Bigot, "ddbmock: tests avec DynamoDB rapides et efficaces"
- Thibault Cohen, "Shinken : quand un Python rencontre Nagios"
- Yannick Brosseau, "Réseau libre"
- Éric Araujo, "How you can contribute to Python"
- Max Noël, "DynamoDB and DynamoDB-Mapper -- Building scalable Python applications with Amazon's NoSQL database"
Where is it: Studio XX 4001, Berri street (corner Duluth) room 201(http://goo.gl/maps/b3cEz)
- 6:00pm – Doors open
- 6:30pm – Presentations start
- 7:30pm – Break
- 7:45pm – Second round of presentations
- 8:30pm – Beer
We would also like to thank our brave sponsors: